Originally Posted By: Faithful1
Originally Posted By: BlackFamily
I read Lupe Fiasco twitter and agreed with his thoughts on the BLM lack of critical thinking. I personal agree to the main theme of the movement but disagree with much of the rallies. I think plenty of those families would like less publicity and more clarity.

One of the problems is that BLM is a Far Left movement based on the Black Panthers and other Black nationalist groups, and draws its inspiration from Assata Shakur, so it isn't mainstream. That means that it gets its tactics from Communist and agitprop movements that are confrontational and divisive.

When they lay down on the freeway it just pisses people off, including Black people who are trying to get to their jobs. When they interrupt politicians (like Bernie Sanders) it turns the crowd against them. OR marching into university libraries where people are studying so they can scream at White students. Then they demean their White allies and preach segregation. Talk about driving the Civil Rights Movement back fifty years.

If they stuck with the message of being against police brutality and made sure they were documented and confirmed cases of brutality (as opposed to taking a video out of context), explain how Black people experience discrimination today, and do peaceful non-in-your-face marches, then they'd have more support.

black lives matters is about the police shooting innocent unarmed black people

it has nothing to do with the black panther party or black nationalism

how can a video of unarmed men being murdered on film be taken out of context?