http://news10.com/2016/07/07/local-black...-men-by-police/

Attended this thing yesterday not for support but just to check it out

Originally Posted By: Faithful1

When they lay down on the freeway it just pisses people off, including Black people who are trying to get to their jobs. When they interrupt politicians (like Bernie Sanders) it turns the crowd against them. OR marching into university libraries where people are studying so they can scream at White students. Then they demean their White allies and preach segregation. Talk about driving the Civil Rights Movement back fifty years.

If they stuck with the message of being against police brutality and made sure they were documented and confirmed cases of brutality (as opposed to taking a video out of context), explain how Black people experience discrimination today, and do peaceful non-in-your-face marches, then they'd have more support.

100% right good post

I can't stand the left because of this though I support people never groups or "isms." BLM, LBGTQ, feminist are all the same, most of the talking points can't be backed by facts and all they do is scream and yell when confronted with them. Mostly say things like "racist sexist transphob homophob patriarchy, misogony, white privilege, male privilege, cis gender it is all very tiresome

Originally Posted By: OakAsFan
You have to wonder about someone who is paid by the public, yet doesn't want the public to monitor their work and/or conduct.

That is a concerning, I think police need to realize they are public servants, they are not always right and they are not above the people.

My aunt is a police officer, she supports body cams but in conversation about her job I feel that she and her colleagues are a little biased against blacks but also have no problem with violating anyone's rights and if I call her on that (I try to avoid talking racial issues in the family to keep the peace) she tells me I am wrong and that I hate cops. Last week I drove through a DWI checkpoint, during my stop I refused to give my ID because I hadn't been drinking (I don't drink when I go out only club soda) long story short I was detained. When I told her this she told me that by driving down a road is enough probable cause for me to be stopped and search (cop told me he could smell weed, which is impossible because I haven't done that in 6 or 7 years) I said that is wrong and tried to explain why she said Okay, after the shooting in Dallas she sent me a text saying you must be happy 5 cops are dead. I didn't respond but that is consistent with police mentality if you are critical of their actions and you must be anti police.

In regards to shootingsnobody deserves to be killed by the State (police) but like everything it has to do with decisions you make during encounters.

Originally Posted By: OakAsFan

So, black protesters should take pointers from you, a white person, on how to conduct their protests. That's hilarious.

Right because you can only speak about your race and your sex and having an opinion about something should be 100% disregarded. I am guessing you are not Italian so you should never talk or have an opinion about LCN

Last edited by thedudeabides87; 07/09/16 07:17 PM.

The Dude: And, you know, he's got emotional problems, man.
Walter Sobchak: You mean... beyond pacifism?

Walter Sobchak: This guy f*cking walks. I've never been so sure of anything in my entire life