Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
Originally Posted By: getthesenets
Originally Posted By: Nyah
When Reagan was president, I was too busy crapping my diapers. What I've heard was that he was a good president, he was very eloquent in speech (since he was an actor, I certainly hope so), but not perfect. Ok, aside from crapping my diapers, I did remember that the hostages from the Iran situation were being released minutes after Reagan took office. That topic alone was definitely debated a lot on amongst parents' friends and themselves.

I was also too young then to be able to give an informed opinion about Reagan's impact BUT....I recall hearing several times that the deal to release the hostages specified that they be released ON the day Reagan was inaugurated , and not while Carter was still in charge.

Actors know how to make entrances, after all.

Was that the case or was it that the Iranians actually took Reagan seriously while they saw Carter as a laughingstock not to be feared?

The pro wrestling intellect you apply to global politics is quite amusing.

Last edited by OakAsFan; 07/07/16 04:37 AM.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea