Originally Posted By: mchang93
Also if Joe B was such an ass clown as most seem to think then why was he consulted before Galante was hit? He was no push over people feared him for years after he lost "power" and I am sure for good reason.

My guess is that since Galante was Bonanno's former underboss and protege, the other bosses (especially Funzi Tieri and Big Paul Castellano) sought Joe Bananas opinion on this matter.

The bosses (Castellano, Persico, Tony Ducks Corallo, Jerry Catena, Santo Trafficante, Funzi Tieri) held a Commission meeting, and all (except for Carmine Persico, who opposed the hit on Galante as he was good friends with him) voted to have Galante killed off. To do this, they got the approval of Rusty Rastelli, and may have asked Joe Bananas about the planned hit on Galante.

They may have sent emissaries (possibly Neil Dellacroce, among others), and Bonanno gave them the nod to have Galante killed off. It's also possible that the emissaries sent a veiled threat to Bonanno to stay in Arizona or face a similar fate like Galante. I'm sure Bonanno got the warning, and did nothing to prevent Galante from getting killed.

http://www.cosanostranews.com/2014/01/funzi-tieri-got-nod-from-bananas.html

Last edited by Regoparker100; 07/05/16 09:21 AM.