Originally Posted By: Footreads
Let me tell you my experience with unions in the 6os

Union goes on strike. The strike fund is never enough.

Companies use strike breakers scabs to deliever their crap. So unions hired people like me to stop deliveries. We stop them, but they keep on comming. So they let us hijack their trucks. We do good when that happens.

Then the companies settle with the unions. The union bosses make a ton of money. They wanted 10 cents an hour they settle for 5 or 4 cents an hour terrible for the worker.

They already agree to the deal before the vote by the rank and file.

So now the union takes it to the shop Stewart's they have in their pocket. The A personality ones they own. First they say that's crap.union grease them to say yes. They know that will happen.

So now they have a vote with the shop Stewart's. They talk them into taking that shit deal. They drown out the ones at the end who want to do the right thing for the worker.

So now it goes for a vote by the workers. Same thing happens just to a bigger scale.

Eventually they take that shit deal. But at least they have a job so they still work a six day week for chump change.

I guess it is different now. So the company goes under or leaves the state and the worker goes on welfair.

You mean, there's corruption in unions? By golly, well then let's just end them.

There's corruption in law enforcement, too. So, let's end it.

Corruption in pro sports. Pull the plug, man.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea