Originally Posted By: fergie
assuming we all accept the literal idea of hell, death is only the start of the punishment....I'd like to know what maniac came up with that idea...

And what makes you think we should accept the LITERAL idea of hell in its medieval and primitive imaginative form (fire, frying pans, tortures etc)? Ever heard of allegories?

Originally Posted By: fergie
I feel sorry for the guy who cheated on his wife during the roman conquest of Britain nearly 2000 years ago...he's STILL being tortured...

#feeltheloveorelse

Nonsense...That's a primitive way of imagining after-life, even one for sinners. By the way, it's you that made up the idea that God would be so vengeful and picky that he would throw somebody in hell for an eternity just for ONE bad action, especially if the person later repented.
If you were joking, it wasn't a funny one.

And before somebody does so, PLEASE don't quote the Old Testament to prove your point that "religion is cruel". That part of the Bible is long outdated since it contradicts the New Testament, otherwise it would still be "eye for an eye".

Last edited by Dwalin2011; 06/22/16 03:19 PM.

Willie Marfeo to Henry Tameleo:

1) "You people want a loaf of bread and you throw the crumbs back. Well, fuck you. I ain't closing down."

2) "Get out of here, old man. Go tell Raymond to go shit in his hat. We're not giving you anything."