Originally Posted By: fergie
No, we got rid of dozens of fictional deities and replaced it with common law., ultimately you might have to use force or loss of liberty to enforce common law whats the alternative? Religion didn't make a very good job of it when it had its chance

We move on, religion does too I suppose...in so much as people don't generally worship Thor, Zues, Wotan etc anymore..they just evolved into other other fictional characters. And thats the sad truth...again, I wouldn't care, but these guys in many cases want (and get) a political platform because of a made up belief. Presidents humour them and say whats needed to win votes in the bible belt..Bush had a hotline to God did he not? If God trusts him, we'r

Most atheists these days are Statists.Worshiping the state in one way or the other without realizing it. The more extreme cases are the communist countries, but these's more mild versions of this in non-communist countries as well.

Laws today go way past common law. I like the basic libertarian framework of the Non Aggression principle. Aslong as you don't hurt anyone else, then no force should be used against you.

Atheist threw away one form of superstition and replaced it with another superstition. The state, democracy, political action, and government regulations as a means to fix all problems.

Even worse was the rise of moral relativism. Atheists got rid of religious morals and replaced them with no new moral framework. Which is a big problem for civilization.

Ultimately, statists are intolerant people that want to use force and the threat of violence to punish people that disagree with them politically. Even worse than most religions.

Last edited by SoCalGangs; 06/22/16 12:54 PM.