Originally Posted By: fergie

I don't want to bang the drum for gay rights, it doesn't particularly rate way up my agenda, but, back to my original point, when I hear other religious people wailing about how terrible this orlando massacre was, I cant help but imagine them going home and picking up their harry potter religious book and reading about how their particular god delights in also torturing gay people...how do you square that? Its not good for a guy to shoot gay people, but its acceptable for your hairy bearded imaginary friend to torture them for eternity and for you to whisper how disgusting their way of life is?

I hate being involved in such debates, but I think you are over-simplifying the concept of God and religion. No serious Christian considers God just a "bearded fellow who sends people who he doesn't like to burn in bonfires or to fry on metal pans". That's a primitive way to be religious. Homosexuality may be considered a sin if a person chooses that and uses it as a "flag" to brandish or an excuse to start fights. If somebody is born with a homosexual inclination and can't help it, I don't see how any serious religious person (not a fanatic looking for an excuse to fight) blames them if they just mind their business and the religious people mind theirs. Transforming this in a POLITICAL WEAPON, that's wrong imo, but I personally can tell you that even though being religious, I don't blame gay people who are born like that if they aren't belligerent, I blame only the ones (who usually aren't even gay themselves) who wreak havoc to push the agenda down other people's throat. If somebody pushed religion down the others' throats, that wouldn't be right either.
To sum it up, I don't see how does condemning the Orlando shooting automatically contradict being religious.

Willie Marfeo to Henry Tameleo:

1) "You people want a loaf of bread and you throw the crumbs back. Well, fuck you. I ain't closing down."

2) "Get out of here, old man. Go tell Raymond to go shit in his hat. We're not giving you anything."