The soviet union is backward in all forms of human rights....to use it as a good example of the results of an atheist belief is ridiculous. Your also comparing a country it a particular period of time...Im talking about indoctrinated beliefs that have been around for thousands of years

Religious groups across the world persecute, torture and murder gay people every day..more to the point, are you seriously denying it happens? All in the name of religion...any number of christian fundamentalist groups in africa...even the KKK in the states.

I don't want to bang the drum for gay rights, it doesn't particularly rate way up my agenda, but, back to my original point, when I hear other religious people wailing about how terrible this orlando massacre was, I cant help but imagine them going home and picking up their harry potter religious book and reading about how their particular god delights in also torturing gay people...how do you square that? Its not good for a guy to shoot gay people, but its acceptable for your hairy bearded imaginary friend to torture them for eternity and for you to whisper how disgusting their way of life is?