Originally Posted By: TheMechanic
Originally Posted By: BillyBrizzi
Albert Anastasia comes across to me in pics and footage as someone I never would want to f*ck with..

And I always remember that statement by that old cop Joe Salerno about Galante and Dellacroce:

''Of all the gangsters that I've met personally, and I've met dozens of them in all of my years, there were only two who, when I looked them straight in the eye, I decided I wouldn't want them to be really personally mad at me. Aniello Dellacroce was one and Carmine Galante was the other. They had bad eyes, I mean, they had the eyes of killers. You looked at Dellacroce's eyes and you could see how frightening they were, the frigid glare of a killer."

Ralph Salerno was the cop's name. Galante, I get, but didn't Dellacroce get his ass handed to him by Joe Gallo's crew?

Legendary anecdote:When Dalitz got his 5'3 back up, no one could rattle him. There is the oft-told tale of Dalitz sitting in the dining room of the Beverly Rodeo Hotel in Hollywood. Heavyweight champion Sonny Liston, in an ugly mood from drink, approached the old bootlegger. Words were exchanged and the angry Liston drew back a powerful fist.

Dalitz did not move and his voice was not loud but crisp. "If you hit me, you'd better kill me, because if you don't, I'll make one telephone call and you'll be dead in twenty-four hours."

http://www.retrokimmer.com/2013/04/moe-dalitz-most-organized-mobster-in.html

Yea that's the story but Dellacroce was La Cosa Nostra to the core. His boss at time ( Don Carlo) said let it go and he did. If he got a contract or OK to take care of someone, they were going and He was very feared by many hard asses from what I heard. No coincidence Gotti did not make his move until Mr. Neil was gone. There's no shame in losing a fight to multiple men by oneself.