Originally Posted By: mikeyballs211
Who the fuck in their right man is some successful business man seeks out a convicted high level mobster and decides hes a good guy to go into business with?..and dont gimme that shit that its cuz lf Rita Merlinos outta this world gravy..there has to be some sort of connection...has anyone found out how this Stein guy is connected to Joey? Ive never read anything concrete about how and when they met?

If im guessing id say Stein owed joey or someone big time shy or bookmaker proceeds and he agreed to set him up when he got outta the can? Maybe even kept the juice rolling

@Mikey that's funny and made me laugh. But in all seriousness I've thought the same thing. I've heard people say oh it's just an old rich guy who is enamored with the mob and he just wants to hang with Joey etc. However, would it be worth $2mm to this guy and maybe even a federal conspiracy charge just to hang with this guy? I don't know. What I do know is the Stein guy is a Philly native. He started and founded his nursing care home business out of Plymouth Meeting (Philly suburb) and even has the LLC out of his law firm in Plymouth Meeting. He's rich now but there's a chance based on the geographic link only that there was some gambling or maybe even early partnering with the mob. If any of you read blood and honor Nicky crow was setting up these Medicare scams through shell doctors offices or offices/nursing homes that would play ball. All this is lofty speculation, but I'm just saying the geographic link is there which would lead one to speculate if there's was already a relationship well before Joey was even convicted in 2001 let alone some sort of indebtness.