Originally Posted By: AllDay27
Originally Posted By: BillyBrizzi
Originally Posted By: MightyDR
Lou Ferrante, a Gambino associate turned author, made a rap video in the 90s talking about "Free John Gotti". It used to be on youtube but they took it down (probably because it was too awful).

Lou Ferrante converted to Judaism when he got out of jail..

He's now part of the strongest, richest and most powerful mob of them all ;-)

He wrote what was honestly a great tell-all about his time in jail and the disillusionment with the mafia that resulted from it. It's a self-written book that paints a pretty dead honest portrait of what life in the mafia would really be like for your average Joe. He wasn't really a rising star but he was an up a comer that knew how to earn and knew a few people before he went away. The guy lingered in jail for the golden years of his 20s & 30s. He went in a young man, he came out middle aged and unrecognizable. He then straightened out his life and now does a TV show that allows him to go to and see some pretty cool places. Saw what you will about personal interest with the mafia but this guy has essentially seen and done it all from both sides of the spectrum. Not many live two full lives by age 50-60 as he did, 25 or so years as a very connected Brooklyn Gambino, and another 25-30 as an affiliated neighborhood guy out of jail now on the straight and narrow navigating life as an author, and TV producer. For all the guys that wrote books, he gives up nobody and nothing, simply details what life was like for him before, during, and now after he has cut ties with the Gambino Family. As much as we'd all like to see what it may be like to be a high level made man, Lou Ferrante has what I consider to be the most modest while accurate depiction of being a 20-something year old all the way in the life and what that would be like on a day to day basis.

I enjoyed Inside the Gangster's code too and I'm happy for him that he's doing so well.. And you're right, he's a stand-up guy, he never ratted on anybody..

FORTIS FORTUNA IUVAT