Most likely, I'd say so. While the Bananas War was somewhat over, it had ramifications for that family for years to come, their boss situation was still in flux, and I don't think that they had one boss at the time whom was able to represent them on the commission. Not to mention it is Paul Castellano , Carlo's cousin, whom was on Joe Bonannos hit list and who basically orchestrated the Bananas War, so all of that probably , maybe had a lot to do with Castellano's statement then. In '67 specifically, they were planning on dismantling the Bonanno family as a whole and transferring their members to other families. There was a series of meetings where this was discussed, they then resulted on a plan to place someone else, from another family as the boss of the Bonannos , they had several candidates and Carmine Tramunti was the leading candidate, which can be seen a few pages later in this same report. So it makes sense that during that time , the Bonannos would be persona non Grata while they decided what to do with the Bonanno family. Could you imagine if that had happened? That would've made Tommy Lucchese the most powerful boss in America, as he would've essentially had his number 2 heading the Bonanno family.

Its also interesting that he said that the Colombo family was completely subservient to Carlo specifically, not him, or "The Gambinos", but to Carlo specifically. Which I think points to Joe Colombo himself being subservient to Carlo. Which I think lends credence to the theory of Carlo being behind the shooting that comatosed Colombo, and orchestrating it to making it appear that Gallo did it in a lot of peoples eyes, after Colombo defied Carlo by still having the second Italian American rally or whatever it was called and not putting an end to his Civil Rights league. Which if true, only adds to Carlo's genius as a mafioso.

Last edited by SinatraClub; 06/08/16 11:06 AM.