Originally Posted By: DanteMoltisanti
Originally Posted By: BobbyPazzo
Perna's never liked Nicky jun.. That was a favor to his pops for protection. And he got demoted for a couple reasons.

Bobby,

Any chance you can go into greater details on why the Perna's never liked Nicky Junior and why he got demoted to soldier?

Joe P and Joey M go back. So they weren't supportive of him joining the Lukes. They didn't really have a choice at the time because it came from higher up. When Joe P had to go tell Nicky he was out and his pops was in as the guy calling shots in jersey, he was ecstatic. This is something I can speak on first hand. There just wasn't any respect there. Joe P never said specific reasons why he or his family disliked him but it seemed like it was resentment that Nicky had any power in jersey when the Perna's have been putting in work where we are from forever. Between their grandfather, their uncle mike and father, the taccetta's, etc... And like I said Joe and Joe are tight. I know that for a fact. And now photos confirm that. Down the shore together, Joe P in Florida after Joey got out from the four months, but they go back twenty something years.