Originally Posted By: SinatraClub
Originally Posted By: BronaZora
This is a huge hit for sure, what's happening up in Canada begs for a movie or a TV show, it's pretty crazy. Anyways, assuming that the hit came from a group other than the Arcadi crew, then it's safe to assume that the Montreal Mob is no longer a single family, but rather split families/crews gunning for the port, and I don't see them co-existing peacefully anytime soon like the 5 families of NY for example.

This is also a testimony that Vito Rizzuto must be one of the best bosses of all time to be able to hold all these crews together operating as a single independent family. He was probably the only figure that kept the Montreal Mob powerful and competitive with the the Siderno group, with his passing the 'Ndrangheta hold the power in Canada easily.

Originally Posted By: BobbyPazzo
I don't know anything about what's going on up there being I'm from jersey but these guys are the real deal. They make American CN look like the minor leagues. They talk less and shoot more. Crazy. This shit would never go down out here in this day and age. I don't condone it but you gotta give these guys their respect. They live the life to the fullest extent. No half stepping.

These guys might be old school and all, but with such death rate this can't be good for business.

Of course they do, but this was beginning to happen even while Vito was alive. And it remains to be seen if they truly control Montreal to the point where they're using the Montreal Mafia, and Montreals other crime orgs like literal puppets for their sole benefit.

I don't think this was happening before Vito went to jail, there was no question who controlled Montreal back then, it was the Rizzutos, things began to crumble when Vito went jail, there was no charismatic leader left to keep it all together, so it fell apart.

The 'Ndranghea does not have to come control any puppets in Montreal to be the power, the lack of stability over there is in itself an advantage for them, though I have no doubt they will probably try to bud in and install a puppet boss that will benefit them.