Originally Posted By: Ciment
The last paragraph from your last message clarifies it all. I understand how you arrived at that conclusion. I respect that arguement.

Appreciate that. I also wouldn't be too surprised if I was proven to be completely wrong on this one, lol.

As far as the comparison between Canada & America. I think its a combination of the laws being more lax in Canada, and the lack of a law like RICO, which I believe that if Canada had something similar, it would prove to be just as destabilizing to Canadian organized crime groups, as it is to ours in the states. I also think the link to the old worlds and the constant ties to Sicily and Calabria attributes to the way of life for a lot of these guys. But you can't say as a whole that that's what its all about. Because you have the Biker groups and the Street Gangs, where most of their members are Canadian born, and most Canadians are somewhat Americanized, or they're French Canadian, and both those groups that consist of a large portion of membership for both the mentioned crime organizations, have proven to be just as violent. So, I don't know, I'd lean more towards the lack of a RICO, that contributes heavily to the violence we see among the Canadian Organized Crime groups.