Originally Posted By: trophydave
sorry should have explained better the raco hit was the one in late 90s I believe. took place in front of a medical building. it was assumed rizzutos were behind it and it was speculated arcardi was seen with the alleged killer few days after.

Domenic Racco was killed in the early 80's, three weeks after Paul Volpe was hit. It was rumoured to be retaliation for that. But I don't know if that was ever proven. I don't know what murder you're referring to.

Don't ask me how I called this, but the following quotes are from a public discussion with me and a noted author, who writes about Canadian Organized Crime, and his last quote is from yesterday I believe...He once dismissed my theory as "what ifs", "maybes" and "perhaps" and said he didn't discuss those things because they weren't "cold hard facts". While they weren't "cold hard facts", he now shares pretty much the same exact opinion. I look forward to more discussion with him on the matter, as despite all this, his insight is truly invaluable..

Originally Posted By: "De Chaplain"
Originally Posted By: "OlBlueEyesClub"
I'm not sure he did either, but if he did, I think he wouldve been comfortable with his son, and perhaps had planned on grooming him more, before his unforeseen passing. But I was just saying, from what we learned through Project MAGOT & MASTIF, as well as that passage, Leonardo stepped up to replace his father, and it appears that he had the backing of his fathers companions and those within the Milieu of Montreal.

I will say since the indictments of Leonardo Rizzuto & Stefano Sollecito, and the death of Lorenzo Giordano and the reported forced imprisonment of Frank Arcadi & Del Balso, it seems Rocco Sollecito is the one trying to keep things together. I found that article you posted on the RD very interesting where it says that Giordano may have been murdered for keeping crime profits for himself, Arcadi & Del Balso, something I've theorized since news of Giordano's murder broke. And where it says Rocco Sollecitos decisions from here on out will determine the future of the Sicilian clan and if they'll survive or not. I get the assumption from that article, and I could very well be wrong, but I just feel like with all the article said, the implication is that the hit may have come from Leonardo & Stefano and possibly his father, or atleast by their friends within the milieu (Montreal's underworld alliance). And that those loyal to them, maybe within the Montreal Mafia, or outside of it, perhaps maybe the bikers. This is just a theory.

Of course Nicolo Jr. would have been a natural choice, had he not been killed in December 2009.
With respect to Rocco Sollecito, I have the feeling that considering the recent events, particularly the arrest of his son, that it is against his will he has been called as you say : "to keep things together". I personally think that the man wants to stay away from the heat, given the fact that he is quite aware that he is under close scrutiny from police and parole board officials.

Of note, you allude to theories and the likes. I am not too found in arguing or discussing about theories, or the "may be", or the "perhaps", or the "it could be". I rather like discussing on true facts. :-)

Originally Posted By: "De Chaplain"
I have no ground to prove that, but I am in the opinion that Lorenzo Giordano was murdered on orders of Rocco Sollecito, last March. I think that at that time Sollecito was the eldest most senior member of the former Sicilian faction, until his death last Friday.

And remember when I said don't be surprised if a name like "Scoppa" pops up in future investigations as the new leaders of the Montreal Mafia?

Originally Posted By: "eurodave164"
For what it's worth and please take this with a grain of salt, apparently the Scopas, mainly Andrew are becoming more and more prevalent. They have alot of sway and contacts and practically low key besides the occasional mentioned by police.

They are know the have significant influence in the central part of the city, mainly mile end, park ex little Italy and surroundings.

As said though, take this with a grain of salt, as I don't know whom this guy is or how he gets his info. May even be Trophydave, lol. If it is, I ask , where'd you hear this from?

I now have two theories. My initial one, which is this is a civil war between the Rizzuto/Sollecito side and the Arcadi/Del Balso side. And what I'm referring to as "theory #2" and that's what I theorized earlier, and that's both sides are victims of "neutral parties" within the Montreal Mafia, who consider both the Rizzuto/Sollecito camp and the Arcadi/Del Balso camp, as the "old guard" and are eliminating them all to move up and claim leadership within the Montreal Mafia.

Last edited by SinatraClub; 05/30/16 12:33 AM.