Getthesenets,

I'll be the first one to admit that I was not in favor of firing Blatt. It's not a criticism of Lue, but not an endorsement of Blatt either. I thought - and still do - it was a move to appease whiny superstars. And at the time, I thought it was just convenient for the players to place the blame for uneven play on Blatt. I think Blatt was good for the team he was hired to coach - before LeBron returned. He took a team to the Finals & then had a 30-11 record. But for many reasons, Blatt never had the respect of his team.

IMHO, the NBA - more so than MLB & the NFL - is less reliant on a coach. For examples, see GS from the past two years, Miami, & OKC as prime examples.

Having said all that, Lue HAS made a positive impact. It took awhile, but he has found two good rotation sets. The players respect him as an ex-player. Lue stood up to LeBron & challenged Love. He has not panicked when the Cavs have been down & hasn't over-used LeBron like every other coach LeBron has had. Lue came highly recommended by Doc Rivers, so he has the possibility of being a very good coach. And possibly putting the Iverson image forever in the rearview mirror.

Lue told LeBron to STFU soon after taking over as Cavs head coach.

Last edited by goombah; 05/19/16 12:26 PM.