I've played guitar since I was 15, and played in a number of bands,metal, grgunge, poppy bubblegum shit, oldies, etc. But I've always had a soft spot for hip hop. I was bumping 'Pac, Snoop, Biggie, fucken WU-TANG (its for the children!)
I'm a huge fan of the battle scene, guys like Rone, Madness and of course The Saurus. Believe it or not, there is a thriving hip-hop culture in Australia. It's not for everyone (some find the accent gimmicky, but I reckon if you rap in anything but your normal voice, your not being real). Obviously too, there's a massive difference in lyrical content. Although having said that, there is an emerging "gutter rap" movement. From what I've heard, they're kinda hard [BadWord]. Drug dealers and stabby and shit. Check Kerser if your interested.

Check it: Pegz

And one a bit different;

Everone loves Hilltop Hoods. They're pioneers in the scene;

TZU. Cool video, an a bit different. They're a full band with an MC.
[video:youtube]http://youtu.be/NUtpCz1fzUM[/video]

Drapht; my mum listens to this song. Thats how mainstream some artists have become.

There's way too many awesome rappers to link.
360 made it pretty big in the battle scene for a while. Justice took out Scribble Jam a few years back. It's a Got Beef event (an Australian battle league). It's a 20 minute battle (overtime in the alley next to the venue) but it's fucken classic.

Last edited by Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica; 05/18/16 10:20 AM. Reason: Aha!

(cough.)