I have a few friends who are pretty high up in the unions; there is no outright control. Look at it this way - Lot's of people, including construction workers (shocker) pop percocets, like to gamble and spend their checks by lunchtime on Friday. Can a drug dealer, bookie or loanshark get business from these guys? Rhetorical question.

Do these pill popping, gambling messes have any say in the unions? Another rhetorical question.

Scarfo had 2 unions he was embezzling - Bartenders and Roofers. He had understandings with other unions on who could do what, but I don't think Johnny Doc, Eddie Coryell (or his replacement in the region), or any other union labor leader is looking to the Philly Mob for what they can and can't do. The recent case with the other Dougherty and the iron workers should tell you that much.

Most people in south philly and the surrounding area have the general belief that the Philly Mob don't mess with you unless you wanna mess with them. I said it before, you can make an extra $40-$100 thousand a year Tax free being a book. It's quite a good way to supplement your regular job. Why would they jeopardize that money for the exposure they would get trying to infiltrate unions that are watched by the government like hawks? Yet, another rhetorical question...

Boss of tha toilet!