Hey, I think you are probably right, Toodoped, especially about Giancana's being on his own in the late 50's early 60's. Even when he went to Mexico he still had power. My point was that it was very difficult to know who was actually calling the shots at different times and eras. After Ricca died in Oct. 72, Accardo was considered the top guy by the FBI, CCC, et al. But the purge began for those who were Giancana loyalists. Some of those guys came on board with Aiuppa and Accardo, the others were eliminated.

I believe you are right about Buccieri, Battaglia, Caifano and Alderisio. But those guys were disgusted with Giancana by 63-64, give or take a year or so. The Phyllis McGuire relationship caused Giancana a lot of problems. Both Ricca and Accardo told him he needed to end the relationship, but Giancana didn't because he had enough power to do what he chose to do......and he did. He was AWOL so much that his men were becoming disgusted. All the pictures of him and McGuire on the front pages of magazines and newspapers caused morale problems within the Outfit. And eventually he was banished into self exile.

I'm certainly not sure of the point in time that Accardo, Cerone and Aiuppa decided that Giancana "had to go." I don't think there was any doubt after he agreed to the plea deal when he returned from Mexco, that he was in serious danger. Maybe the decision was made earlier, who knows?

I'm really not disagreeing with you. I'm simply stating my opinion that it was very difficult to know who was making decisions relative to Outfit matters at different times and era's. I also believe, like you, that Giancana did pretty much what he chose to do because he could. But he did pay the ultimate price for his indiscretions and bringing a lot of "heat" to the Outfit.

I could go on forever with this discussion, for what I consider the most interesting ear of the Outfit, but I'll stop for now.

Again, thanks for all the research and hard work.