You can read the most recent National Drug Threat Assessment or Philadelphia HIDTA reports from late last year. The Mexican DTO's are the dominant suppliers of heroin, cocaine, and marijuana in the region. Mid-level and retail-level DTOs in the region remain a mixture of Hispanic (particularly Dominican), African-American, and Caucasian DTOs and dealers, as well as neighborhood-based criminal street gangs.

I don't recall the Pagans or any other OMG being specifically mentioned in the latest reports in relation to any drug. Reports from 2007 to 2010 did say they and other clubs were involved in the distribution of retail quantities of cocaine and marijuana, as well as manufactured and distributed retail quantities of meth the region. And, yes, I am aware of the Pagan indictments in recent years, including the prescription one from last year, but I'm not sure they're the best example "baggin in the $$$" for comparison purposes.

In answer to Furio's question, the mob operates within its own spheres in Philadelphia, Delaware County, South Jersey, etc. Illegal gambling, mainly in the form of bookmaking and video poker machines, are it's bread and butter. When one talks about fear or respect, the local mob apparently has enough to hold its own. But that's also due to it operating within its own niche, including on the margins of the drug trade. And, across the board for the most part, conflict is internal, ie mob guys killing mob guys, bikers killing bikers, gang members killing gang members, etc because they're all more likely to step on each other's toes than an outsider.

Last edited by IvyLeague; 04/20/16 03:13 AM.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.