None of us wake up and think, "How can I shit on Scott today?" I don't have anything personal against him. However, if he has indeed misidentified Parillo, it would be another example of him being fast and free with labels. Which, for the record, was the one of the original reasons for disagreement on another board. You know, taking a family that is arguably viable and making it more hierarchical than General Motors.

As for holding other publications in such high regard, I tend to give them as much weight as they deserve. Outside of guys who follow the mob for a living - Capeci, Raab, Robbins, Anastasia, Marzulli, etc - the media can often be sloppy when it comes to the mob. I just think it's an eyebrow raiser that no other media outlet has identified this guy as anything other than an associate and he hasn't been identified by the government as anything else. And there have been state cases in Rhode Island in recent years where mob ranks were specified. Not sure where people got the idea they can't do that.

Last edited by IvyLeague; 04/14/16 03:42 PM.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.