Originally Posted By: gangstereport
Originally Posted By: furio_from_naples
Quote:
That move was the beginning of Merlino's downfall and in a couple of years Merlino is knocked down and Leonetti is the Underboss. Think about it.

As I remember Leonetti in his book said another thing,but you're right Giacomo. Crazy Phil become the young underboss and when knowed that his uncle will fall and he must done 45 y decide to flip.
With his son excuse for covert all.
There are no honor among the criminals.

Giacomo any idea if the family don't try to impose again the street tax 'cause the hadn't streight or for other reasons ?

furio leonetti is obviously going to try and make himself look better dont get me wrong the book was great but other mobsters have contradicted what he said.

In blood and honour nicky the crows book he says that leonetti told him and charlie white he was fed up seeing salvie alive i cant remember exactly what he said but he was happy that salvie got killed in that book he tried to make himself out to be this good guy this guy was a real killer and a scumbag the book was very good gave a better understanding of the scarfo regime but what he says is not fact.
read blood and honour by the crow then you get two points of view from leonetti and the crow then you will get a better understanding because these rats they are not going to say they were the bad guys they want to look like they were real gangsters and that they were justified in ratting

if Im not mistaken I think Phil has contradicted himself a couple in interviews regarding how he felt about Salvie's murder.