Originally Posted By: hoodlum
Originally Posted By: njcapo35

Not a prison photo, Pmac.

Originally Posted By: pmac
The guy john keys was Bruno's cousin I never understood why he got whacked. Did he sell out his own cousin or was he a threat to Phil testa.
Kinda late on this response gentlemen,but that is exactly how it was done..thank u nj capo 4 bringing back memories..

By contrast, Gravano remembers every detail of the hit on Simone. "Johnny Keys,'' as Simone was known, was a "real man's man,'' Gravano wrote.

Simone was murdered because after Bruno was rubbed out, he talked with Gambino family overseers about his prospects for taking over the Philly clan.

The national Mafia commission already had agreed that Philly's Nicodemo "Little Nicky'' Scarfo would succeed Bruno, a cousin of the Gambinos, and Scarfo told the group Simone would have to be removed for him to be sure the New York family wasn't plotting against him.

"I felt terrible that a man with such b — — had to be hit,'' Gravano wrote. "But this was Cosa Nostra. The boss of my family had ordered it. The entire commission had ordered it. There was nothing I could do.''

Simone was snatched from the Sky View Country Club at the airport in Washington Township and driven to Staten Island for his execution in September of 1980, five months before Stillitano was murdered.

On the way to his death, Simone, 69, knew what was coming and suffered a heart seizure. Gravano said he insisted on taking one of his heart pills so he could die like a mobster, by the gun.

When they got to the killing ground in a patch of Staten Island woods, Simone took his shoes off and told Gravano: "I'll walk out (of the van) on my own. Let me die like a man.''

Gravano said Simone "took a couple of steps away from the van. Without a word, he lowered his head, quiet and dignified. The shot immediately leveled him to the ground. He died instantly. He died without pain. He died Cosa Nostra.''

A Mans man..sammy actually felt bad about this hit..don bruno's cousin,& a major force in north jersey in the 70sw/the numbers game..he may have even had more power than tony bananas(caponigrio)....

I didn't want to leave blood on your carpet...