Originally Posted By: BillyBrizzi
That Matthew Traynor was a degenerate fiend, forgot about him, though he was more of a fringe player..

I think all these guys were degenerates, considering how they made their living. It's funny how a guy like Roach or Traynor are labeled by many as being degenerates, but the guys above them, who often direct and profit off of the degenerate activities of these degenerates, are somehow viewed as being more noble and less reprehensible. It's ok to direct other guys to do dirty deeds, and it's ok to profit off of those dirty deeds, but not actively getting one's hands dirty makes a guy an upstanding, ok guy!! The twisted logic of some mob aficionados.

Maybe it has to do with ultimate success. IF a guy gets rich enough or attains enough social clout, then he automatically becomes a more noble criminal, no matter how actively involved he is with degenerates and degenerate activities. LOL

I find the underworld fascinating and many of the casts of characters fascinating characters, which is why I am on this site, but I don't for one second lose sight of the fact that ALL of these guys were some form of low-life (some were much lower than others, but they were all in the gutter to some extent)!