Originally Posted By: Footreads

This is a true story I just moved to Brooklyn and bough my first house. I was around twenty. Which was over 50 years ago.

I go across Flatbush ave to buy a pie to bring home. While I am waiting a livery cab drivers pulls up to buy a slice. It's a working stiff black guy. There were a bunch of punk white kids hanging out in the place. There playing video game and listening to the juke box.

In those days guys would offer money to redo the pizza place. All the owner had to do was let them put the video games in the place. The guys collected all the money the video game made. It was a good deal for the owner. He needed no up front money to redecorate the place.

Except you had a bunch of punks hanging out in the store all day long.

Any way there is like 8 or more kids hanging out.

They started to bother the black guy. So I told the kids why don't you leave the guy alone. He is just buying a slice not doing anything wrong.

Then they start on me for siding with him. The owners said nothing to them. They they called me a N lover. I hit the ring leader I throw him over the counter. Took the pizza cuter and opened up his face. Now they are all in shock the black guy left.

I told them I don't want to see them in this place any more. If I do I will cut them up too.

I stopped going in there after that.

The most interesting part of your story was that you bought a house when you were 20. How'd you manage that at 20?