Originally Posted By: Alfa Romeo
Originally Posted By: SoCalGangs

It's their JOB to get rid of it. The voters put them in office to get rid of Obama care. They didn't. They aren't.
And if they do, it'll only be to replace it with some other BS system. The Republican Party is a joke. Not because they're " too far right" but because they're worthless and don't fight or stand for anything.

It baffles me that you believe the Republicans can do anything about the Affordable Care Act.

They can't.

Donald Trump says he will repeal it.

He simply doesn't have the numbers needed in the Senate to do it...even if every last Republican in the Republican majority Senate votes against it.

I didn't say they could. I said they aren't.
He said the fact that they "tried" to get rid of it makes them far right and extremist.
And THAT'S what baffles me. Like wow even some pretend effort should be forbidden in your book.
Bad enough there's a two party system. Why not just have one party and everybody just agree on all policies then.

Regardless if they have enough numbers in the senate to get rid of it now, is besides the point. They as a party failed. They can't get enough support to change or do anything significant. Once a giant government program like this starts, it Is nearly impossible to get rid of. Which is why it shouldn't exist in the first place.

Last edited by SoCalGangs; 03/31/16 08:08 PM.