Originally Posted By: MrWilliams
Not to barge in on the discussion here but I had a question for those who have done time in prison.

Whats daily life like in in a minimum or medium security institution vs. a maximum one?

I ask because all the stories you read about anywhere seem to be focused on what it's like to do 10 years in a maximum security prision for a crime like armed robbery.

Therefore, I wonder what the experience is like for say a white collar professional who has been convicted of cheating on his taxes and is now doing 5 years in a Federal minimum security prison camp somewhere?

Thank you for your replies btw!

I did my 7 months in Otisville Camp. 120 men. There were guys in there for drugs, mob related scams but not made guys and white collar guys. An eclectic mix. Topped off with 75 of those 120 men being Jewish. Like... The real Jews. The white collar guys are shocked to see the automatic segregation of race/nationality. If they are smart asses, they learn fast to keep it amongst their own kind. We had several billionaires in 2014-15. One young kid was the son of a famous worldwide art dealer, another was a former Bill & Hillary Clinton advisor who raised millions for them. Most white collar guys were quiet, did their time, stayed with their own kind. Just like the drug guys, Dr's, lawyers & con men. Here's a blog written by a guy who was in otisville with me. We nicknamed him larry noodles. He was one funny son of a gun. He was sent away for mortgage fraud, I think he was innocent, but that's besides the point. His website is extremely entertaining and frequently updated. Describes the inside of camp life to a T, with a Jewish twist.

[url=Http://www.larrynoodles.com][url=Http://www.larrynoodles.com][url=Http://www.larrynoodles.com]Http://www.larrynoodles.com[/url][/url][/url] larry noodles

Last edited by Garbageman; 03/28/16 04:28 AM.