Originally Posted By: BlackFamily
@ Ivy

Thank you for recalling those cases. Would you think the 5 Families are hiring the UBN members to perform a few contract hits nowadays?

@ SoCalgangs / Ivy

That's what meant by specific sets and individuals have direct ties to L.A . Even the Netherlands crip set have direct ties as well. Look at the first black gang Rico'd in L.A , Pueblo Bishops, and their connections to nearby states. I'm not placing these semi regular meetings in the same format as the Applachin meeting but in regards to a general network of information sharing.

@ Oakasfan

The Panther's chapter in L.A started in 68 then lasted until 70-71 if I'm correct. Raymond's Crip started in that timeframe as a neighborhood club or crew and style their appearance after the panthers until 71. Raymond was still out there engage in the gang life and I haven't seen/heard/read any information that he became involved or associated with the local panthers. Many older crips who are still around and did interviews never mention no direct connections with the panthers beside co existing in the same time frame.

BGF had some political influence on some crip sets in which a political acronym form from within prison. I think that's where the political theme come from and not the streets. By Tookie's autobiography he stated that Crips was meant to be like a neighborhood watch association or comparable.

What benefits do Crip and Blood sets on the East coast or overseas have when they pay dues back to an original set back in LA? From my understanding they don't offer any protection and it seems that they are just paying dues to wear the same color and use the same gang signs. If they don't pay I wouldn't think that a couple of bloods are going to fly out to the Netherlands to carry out a beating lol