Feds have a strict commissary limit. Think it was 400 max per month. OTC stuff didn't count towards your limit. You're given a re-up date where your allowance resets. I was booked in on the 9th and my re-up date was the 15th,so I had almost everything I needed within the first week. I saw some guys who went the first month in orange slippers waiting to get shoes. Where I was, Otisville FCI camp was a joke. Other than being watched by COs and being taken from your family, it was a fuckin blast. I laughed a lot, snuk cigarettes, chewing tobacco had shrimp cocktail, cold cuts, fresh bread cheeses and kick ass kapuss (Russian sour kraut dish) the Russians smuggled everything in. DVDs, food, bitches lol.
I didn't want to move to the main dorm because the big dorm was so much fun. 20 guys jammed into a room 25 x 20 with two shitters. Nice private shitters too, with real doors and sinks. And 1 private shower tucked in the corner of the room, separate from the shitters. The doors on the shitters had no locks, so the first thing you were taught upon arrival was to A. Knock on the fuckin door before entering the bathroom and B. Spray the seat with anti MRSA spray. This big 20 man dorm was in the administration building. We had offices, a library, the computers, visiting room and a learning center in that building. Last but not least, our building held the "shul" or the Jewish chapel. Otisville camp had 118 men, over half were Jewish, 4 rabbi inmates too. They would always come over to the dorm to use the bathrooms, we hated it because a lot of them just pissed all over the place, pigs. So we would fuck with them all the time. They'd walk towards a particular bathroom and we'd say, "you're clear, go ahead in" and they'd walk in on some other jew wiping his ass. Once, we had a gasket break on the faucet. It sprayed you right in the dick if you turned on the water. Sometimes we'd get a guy with the "no one's in there schtick" then they'd get dicked with water on the way out. We'd all be hysterical all day long. Fucking with people definitely made the time fly.