Originally Posted By: Blackjack2121
Speaking of Cicale,,he went from popping up all over the net...to disappearing after it came out he was trying to extort Bascianos family by giving them hope and saying he would say some shit to get Vinny off just to get money from them cuz he is too much of a bum to earn his own money in the legitimate world.

That shit he tried to pull on that family was really the lowest of the low.

fucking disgusting funny how this guy tried to make cicale out to be this credible guy and then he gets caught goes all quiet here is old gangland article

this is why no one takes him seriously even real mob reporters look down at him

This Week in Gang Land
By Jerry Capeci

Mob Turncoat Who Sent Vinny Gorgeous Away For Life Allegedly Extorted Basciano Family For 200K

Gang Land Exclusive. Turncoat wiseguy Dominick Cicale, who bragged that he put "the nail in the coffin" of his imprisoned-for-life former mob superior, Vincent (Vinny Gorgeous) Basciano, also had another slick move for his old pal's family: He tried to extort $200,000 from them last summer, according to information that a private investigator provided the Manhattan U.S. Attorney's office.

Cicale, a murderous drug dealer who described himself last year in a letter to a federal judge as an "extremely talented author, singer and inspirational speaker," has never been short on boastful, arrogance. The former Bonanno capo has written a fanciful book in which he crows about his prowess as a businessman, a gangster, and a mob turncoat. You can hear some of his same boasts on YouTube.

But Cicale kept his dealings with Basciano's family on the down low, apparently. The alleged shakedown of Basciano's wife Angela and her sons came one month after Cicale sent a letter to a federal judge proposing leniency for Joseph Basciano for a marijuana drug rap, according to court papers obtained by Gang Land.

"It was a complete scam," said private investigator James Dowd, who told Gang Land that Cicale offered to provide the Bascianos a "get out of jail" card for Vinny Gorgeous. "He has no information that could help Vinny; he was just trying to get money out of the Bascianos," said Dowd.

Cicale put the scam into motion at 9 AM last August 9 when he called Frank (Frankie The Florist) Villano, a longtime Basciano family friend at a flower shop he operated in the Throgs Neck section of the Bronx. Cicale told Villano he had some important info for the Bascianos and asked him to get one of the Basciano brothers to his store by noon so he could speak to him.

Joseph Basciano was at Frankie The Florist's flower shop on East Tremont Avenue when Cicale called at noon. Villano gave the phone to Basciano, according to an affidavit by the florist. "After a brief conversation," Villano wrote, "Joe hung up on him," but Cicale immediately called back and told Villano, "I know he's still standing there with you so tell him I'm willing to help his dad get a new trial."

Cicale, 46, testified three times against Basciano, who was convicted of racketeering or murder at three trials and is currently serving life at the Supermax federal prison in Florence, Colorado. As his reward, Cicale, who admitted taking part in two murders with Basciano, got 10 years in prison. He was released in 2013.

"Cicale then said that he would call me back later in the evening," wrote Villano, adding that when the mob defector did, he spelled out his demands to Frankie The Florist.

Some of Cicale's calls were tape-recorded, according to sources.

"I can guarantee his father a new trial," Cicale said, according to the affidavit. "I spoke with my lawyers, and although they told me not to do it, I think it's the right thing to do," Cicale said, Villano wrote, stating that Cicale "went on to say he testified against his father because as a cooperator, the Government instructed him what to say."

"Cicale then stated, 'I want to be compensated for this because I'm risking everything. I want $200,000, with $70,000 up front and delivered to my mom tomorrow. As soon as my mom gets the money, I'll go to my lawyers and get the ball rolling. After that, we'll work the rest out,'" Villano wrote.

In the affidavit, Villano wrote that Cicale said he "never thought" he would ever have to take the stand against Vinny Gorgeous "because I thought he would take a plea deal. But instead (he) went to trial" and "put me in the position to be a cooperator."

Early the next morning, Cicale called Villano on his cell phone, and rejected a suggestion to discuss the matter with Vincent Basciano Jr., who, like his brother Joseph, had pleaded guilty to marijuana trafficking charges, but was free on bail at the time. Cicale stated, "There's nothing to talk about, so if my mom doesn't get the money, I have the answer," Villano wrote.

All told, Villano wrote in a September 30, 2014 affidavit, he spoke to Cicale a total of five or six times — all in calls from a phone with a blocked telephone number — regarding his stated plan to help Vinny Gorgeous overturn convictions that include two life sentences.

In a companion affidavit, Joseph Basciano, who most likely was suspicious of Cicale from the get go, wrote about the brief conversation he had with the mob turncoat before he angrily hung up on him. Cicale said, "I have some information that could benefit your dad," but then quickly, and inexplicably added, "last winter you found some money in the snow."

"At this point," wrote Basciano, "I stopped him and said, 'I never found any money in the snow,' and hung up on him. I know this was Dominick Cicale because I know his voice and have known him for many years."

In early October, Dowd, who told Gang Land that he agreed to look into Cicale's "extortion scam" and prepare affidavits for Villano and Joseph Basciano after Vincent Jr. contacted him about it, submitted a two page affidavit by Villano to the Manhattan U.S. Attorney's office because the alleged crime took place in the Bronx, where the Bascianos reside.

Preparing the Joseph Basciano affidavit took a lot longer, said Dowd. That's because Basciano began serving a six-month prison term at the Metropolitan Correctional Center a few days after he spoke to Cicale and Dowd wasn't able to have it signed and notarized until January 22.

Last year, Cicale co-authored a book, Cosa Nostra News: The Cicale Files. The book was a little short on real facts, however, regarding a March 1999 mob murder that occurred while he was in prison, months before he met Vinny Gorgeous. Next month, the claim is that Cicale will disclose "never-been-told-before details" about the "missing money" from the storied 1978 Lufthansa Airlines heist in a new book.

In yet another remarkably ballsy move, Cicale has moved back to the Bronx, a decision announced in January of last year in a quickie YouTube bit as he stood with the elevated #6 line that runs on Westchester Avenue in the background. He followed that in May with a longer YouTube rap in which he boasts of rubbing elbows with "mayors, senators and bank presidents" (all unnamed) as he made $10 million in four years after getting out of prison in late 1999.

"I changed with the times," is the song that singer Cicale croons on YouTube. "That's why I cooperated. All the dinosaurs are going to die in jail. I chose a different path to rebuild myself. To rebuild my brand. To come out there and do good."

Assistant U.S attorney Laurie Korenbaum declined to discuss the case with Gang Land. But law enforcement sources say that after two criminal investigators looked into the allegations, the case was referred to her counterparts in Brooklyn. That's where prosecutors sang Cicale's praises at his sentencing in 2012, and where Cicale, who professed he was a changed man, still has three years of strict post-prison supervised release to complete.

After ducking Gang Land's calls for nearly two days, Frankie The Florist finally got on the phone, explaining his reluctance this way: "Look at the position I'm in. I'm stuck in the middle. On one side of me I got this guy, and on this side of me I got another guy. A damned if you do, and damned if you don't situation."

When pressed about the accuracy of his affidavit, Villano said simply: "It's a federal offense to lie in one of those things." Lying apparently isn't something Cicale has worried too much about.

Last edited by gangstereport; 03/19/16 10:10 PM.

Not connected with scott or anyone at gangsterreport

Sorry for the confusion