Originally Posted By: fergie
Its true though, there is a level of paranoia if you walk around with a gun holstered, simply because you feel the chances of you being a victim that particular day is high enough..thats paranoia, especially when millions of other fellow citizens think thats ridiculous. The NRA like to remind you of the need for self defence in every issue though...

Im not paranoid about people owning guns because its simply not something I need to think about every single day, just like Im not paranoid about a home invasion or being murdered or child abuse or world poverty. They are all issues I don't want to happen, but they don't make me paranoid and take up a regular part of my day. But being a gun owner does and should.....is the safety on, is it locked away safely tonight, who's that guy in the street? Ffs, carrying a gun could put you in jail for 30 years if you made a split second error of judgement...

How many legal gun owners keep there gun owners in safes do you think? How is it then useful for self defence seeing as the majority can only keep them at home? Utter nonsense...all it does is add imaginary inches to your dick

fergie, it's interesting that because I explain to you how the American legal system works, you launch a personal attack about paranoia and penis size. You claim that you want a reasonable discussion and a meeting of the minds, but it seems that you just want to bulldoze your opinion over the facts.

First, again, a President cannot make an executive order to ban a private group. A U.S. President is Constitutionally limited and does not have that kind of power. One of the reasons this country was founded was to have freedom of assembly. With few exceptions, anybody can form any group they want for almost any reason. If you're okay with banning groups that you don't like because you disagree with them, then you might as well move to Iran, because you and that government agree on this issue. We just don't do that here because it is one of our Constitutional protections. Plus, I've been discussing this in a very civil manner with you. I've kept it friendly, so I don't appreciate the personal attacks and I suggest you stop doing them.

Second, although I'm not a member of the NRA, it has done a lot of good in providing training and education. During the civil rights era when Blacks faced Jim Crow discrimination, segregation and even lynching, NAACP leader Robert Williams founded his own chapter in 1957 and called it the Black Armed Guard to fight off the Klan. Again, show me names of NRA members who have been involved in committing crimes since you are so determined to demonize this group.

Third, the biggest group that encourages the use of guns -- especially the criminal use -- is the entertainment industry. Violence is glorified in films, television and in music. If you want to point the finger at a group for the spread of gun violence, there's your target.