Faithful, yes, there must be mandatory minimum sentences. I know this doesn't put hardened crimianls off, but again, its about drip feeding the message through generations.

Its true I don't have time for the NRA, but I honestly am not taking a pop at the vast majority of its membership who I think have just been duped and misled down the years. The NRA (and similar organisations) are directly responsible for the vast increase in gun ownership and, as a result, indirectly for illegal ownership. Thats why they should be pro actively contributing towards reduction in gun crime where in matters. Why should they though I suppose, thats exactly how they increase their membership and feed them propaganda and fear of attack.

If the government focussed its attention after public opinion begins to change, they could disband a private organisation like this. Thats what amendments and executive orders are for I think and its not a stretch to imagine sometime soon after a major incident that this will happen...it has throughout even recent history. The only issue is that the arms trade is hugely profitable to people in power.