Originally Posted By: SoCalGangs
Originally Posted By: goombah
Originally Posted By: SoCalGangs

I cannot for the life of me understand the criticisms people make about Trump's past bankruptcies. I assume those making those Critisims never been involved in multiple business's.

It's actually quite simple. Yes, bankruptcies are a problem for a lot of people in this country. The difference is that Trump is running for office to be the leader of the free world. He can and should be criticized for his bad business decisions that lead to multiple bankruptcies. If he can't run his own businesses properly, how can he make good decisions at the macro level of the federal government?

The stakes are never higher than when it involves someone running for president - end of story.

Wait a minute. How do you know bankruptcy was a bad business decision? Bankruptcy can be used as a rational and strategic way to fall back on restructuring laws. It's a practical business decision.

It is a realistic mentality too, unlike the Orwellian world of Washington DC where you can go 20 Trillion in debt and everyone keeps going like everything's fine when it's not.
The US needs a bankruptcy and a big restructuring. Too bad it won't happen until a crisis hits and is forced to.

Bingo the car industry did not need a bailout. It could have declared bankruptcy and then restructured.

only the unloved hate