Originally Posted By: Faithful1
Originally Posted By: getthesenets
The nerve that Trump has touched with people is real, but I'd say be careful what you wish for. "PC" is a term that only applies when comments are made about OTHER people, but I figure that sooner than later it's going to be open season on everybody in terms of people voicing their views/opinions.

Lot of old wounds will be re-opened when these old conflicts/prejudices re-emerge.

Trump could have done so much better if he didn't mouth off so much. He could have had the same policies and the "I'm not taking any crap" attitude without the insults. He had the potential, but wasted it, so now he has the highest unlikability rating of any candidate. Now if he wins the primary there's a yuuuge chance he'll lose in the general. This is way he's such a big target to protesters. They REALLY hate him now. All of the other candidates actually TALK to protesters. Not Donald Trump. Here's what he should have done during his candidacy.

-- He shouldn't have said that Mexico sends us murderers and rapists. Mexico isn't sending anyone. People choose to immigrate, legally or illegally, on their own free will. Plus not all illegal aliens come from Mexico.
-- He had no reason to insult Carly Fiorina's looks.
-- He shouldn't have been so thin-skinned over Megyn Kelly and other media personalities.
-- He shouldn't have told people in his audience to attack protesters (and then say he'd pay the legal fees).
-- He shouldn't refer to African Americans or Black Americans as "the Blacks."
-- He should have forcefully repudiated David Duke and the Klan on Jake Tapper.
-- He shouldn't have claimed that George Bush lied to get us into the Iraq War.
-- He shouldn't have said he'd kill the families of terrorists.
-- I can think of many more examples of where he damaged himself. The biggest example is his failure to settle the Trump University case. He may be forced to take the stand. What kind of picture will that create? For one, it says that he's not as bright as he thinks he is. In the end, it may be political suicide.

great post, very well said, the only fact I would disagree with is....... yes, he was right in saying George bush lied about Iraq...... because HE DID!!

" watch what you say around this guy, he's got a big mouth" sam giancana to an outfit soldier about frank Sinatra. [ from the book "my way"