Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
Originally Posted By: BlueEyes

NJ used to recruit from NY until they got banned (If that's true?)

Yes, that's true.

Quote:
Could it be that if in some ancient times that NJ laid down the law that they had monopoly in NJ and all the membership from it belonged to them, that they would become stronger/as strong as the NY families? I mean half-ish of Philly is even based in jersey, or would many members still probably join NY and drive over the bridge everyday?

Same with the Tampa guys, they won't travel to NY. If Trafficante had monopoly, how many members do you think they've had?

Again, I know the families sent guys from NY to Florida but there has to be some local recruits, no? Someone Italian who said ''Fuck Tampa I'm goin' with The Gambinos''

There was never a New Jersey family in a position to tell New York anything. You already had guys from NY active in Jersey and, as Raab talks about in his Five Families book, most of them ended up joining one of the NY families with the DeCavalcante family being the only family actually based there.

And what was left of the Trafficante family did affiliate themselves with the Gambinos. They were still Trafficante members but they aligned themselves with that NY family. Sort of the way the DeCavalcantes have done.

Didn't the DeCavalcante have something like 70-100+ members at one time? And if they had done this in the early 50s couldn't something like this happen? Or would it probably just break down to war?

Thanks for responding.

''Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but then again the bible says to love thy enemy.'' - Frank Sinatra

''Oh, I just wish someone would try to hurt you so I could kill them for you.''