" Im all for people being free to do whatever they want but when their actions start to impact or cause threat to others, it needs to be addressed."

You won't get me to disagree with that. I believe as you aren't violating someone else's right to love freely then you can do what you want and going out and shooting people is definitely that I won't and have never argued that.
Yes these things happen but saying all gun should be banned is like saying all Muslims are terrorist, the actions of a few don't represent all gun owners or Muslims.

What US should do for starters is to have mandatory sentences for illegal firearms. I think individuals need to be a little smarter if they own a gun, if you have kids don't tell them until they reach an age where they can understand and respect what a gun can do.

If you give your infant child a loaded gun you may deserve being shot in the back, harsh but we will have less stupid people

The Dude: And, you know, he's got emotional problems, man.
Walter Sobchak: You mean... beyond pacifism?

Walter Sobchak: This guy f*cking walks. I've never been so sure of anything in my entire life