Originally Posted By: hoodlum
Originally Posted By: Serpiente
Sinatra ^^^^^ good post ... Salvie was not a known user , don't know who ever herd that.

But right on the money with the backstabbing coming from Chucky's crew .
And yes the little guy loved the double edge sword to make things appear right.
But Serp,..no offense either..but Phil has said in an 60 min.interview that salvie was not dealing drugs..then right after, said (like he was talking 2 his uncle)"..what u wanna kill everybody?"....but u of all(most) posters would know any better or b more topic sensitive 2 this particular subject,& u never know what would b runnin thru those old scarfo guys minds,so i now don't know what 2 believe...

Salvie was NO Drug Dealer. He had more money than most of the guys out there and was smarter and had legal businesses as well. He might have backed some guys by loaning them money. And we all know that Scarfo was the one who started the Street Tax on Drug dealers. Basically thats all the same shit. I don't think Scarfo was ever truly against drugs. He just didn't want his guys directly involved in it just like every other boss has said the same thing because they don't want to do that Drug time. And Salvie basically ran the family while Scarfo was in the can. Most guys you talk to, who didn't have a direct beef with Salvie (like the Grandes), will tell you that he was the real deal. His dad taught him well and he used that and his experiences. Thats why it took them so long to whack him. Between guys not wanting to do it and him being to smart. I don't care what people say, Scarfo was jealous and used various excuses as to why he ordered the hit. He had to give a reason so guys didn't start turning against him. Look at Leonetti. If you believe him, he said that himself and others saw Scarfo going downhill and them not knowing who would be killed next. Even if Salvie and Nick's relationship started falling apart (mostly because of Scarfo, Merlino, Grande and other jealous guys talking shit), he would have never have gone after Scarfo job or life. He knew you don't kill a Boss. Look at his father. I am to young to know him but my parents were his age and were from his nieghborhood. He was well liked by all. There is actually this unknown short paperback book called "Good Days of Us" that my mom gave to me that her Girlfriend gave to her. It was written by a lady named Rosina Rucci who was supposedly Testa's go to Girl. When he would break up or cheat or needed a friend...he would go to her. They grew up together. My mom said she never heard of her so doesn't know but she did know his main girlfriend growing up. But she said its an OK read...very quick...one day, two at most. I haven't read it yet as it doesn't sound real interesting and who knows how true but it does have some little stories you wouldn't know about Salvie my mom said. "GOOD DAYS OF US" - Rosina Rucci (if you want to check it out) It is only like 125 pages and has a few pictures of him. Maybe I will try to breeze through it real quick and give you all a little review.