Originally Posted By: fergie
I dunno what the obsession is with defending yourself with a gun - it seems to stem from a raging paranoia (because thats exactly how it sounds) that you're likely to be a victim of gun crime. Im sure the media and arms manufacturers promote this. Your not defending the homestead against marauding apaches anymore.

If gun ownership is widespread, it leads to more gun crime - thats why theres a paranoia over defending yourself. You feel you need a gun because your reasonably likely to become a victim of gun crime, no? Cant have it both ways and say the current gun laws DONT increase gun crime....if not, wtf is?? Its something thats just been an ever increasing spiral and Obama is trying to slow it down and turn it around...yes, it'll take decades but it'll be a much safer society.

And for those that that own assault rifles, just hand them in and go buy a little red sports car, that'll hopefully solve the small dick issue - just don't drive to fast or you'll likely kill somebody with that as well

I guess you forgot about that time when I debunked every single one of your talking points and assumptions.. LOl.