Originally Posted By: SinatraClub
And consider how close he was to Scarfo, if he was really so fond of Salvie, and didnt want to see him die, you dont think he couldve stepped in and made a case with his uncle that Chuckie's guys were lying? Yet he did nothing....Some people simply tend to give Phil Leonetti too much credit. As if he was simply a product of his uncle and simply carried out actions when his uncle said so. Phil was a power in his own right due to his killstreak and temper, little of which had much to do with his uncle. Had he wanted to, he couldve had Salvies murder not happen or stalled at least until truths were found out. Yet he simply went along with the plan. And he had his own motives for that, none of which were to help Salvie Testa.

I don't easily believe informants. Faced with 45 years, I'd probably provide a sanitized representation of my crimes too. Even with a 5k1 letter from the AUSA. But I believe Leonetti. It is remarkable the power that someone can have over you when they are (essentially) your Father and a domineering personality like Scarfo. I mean look at Calabrese, Gotti, etc. I think that he was too scared to stand up for himself with Salvie.

I really think that where Leonetti went wrong was not whacking out Nicky Scarfo. He could have had it all to himself without having to kill Salvie, Merlino brothers, that North Jersey Capo.

F. Mazola, Esq.