Originally Posted By: SinatraClub
No, but there are two informants who were never fond of each other who flipped at different times who both say the same thing about Phil. And this has been discussed on this forum before, Phil Leonetti has proven to be a liar on more than one occasion. And consider how close he was to Scarfo, if he was really so fond of Salvie, and didnt want to see him die, you dont think he couldve stepped in and made a case with his uncle that Chuckie's guys were lying? Yet he did nothing....Some people simply tend to give Phil Leonetti too much credit. As if he was simply a product of his uncle and simply carried out actions when his uncle said so. Phil was a power in his own right due to his killstreak and temper, little of which had much to do with his uncle. Had he wanted to, he couldve had Salvies murder not happen or stalled at least until truths were found out. Yet he simply went along with the plan. And he had his own motives for that, none of which were to help Salvie Testa.

And DelGiorno didn't exactly lie about his nationality to get inducted. He was Italian, and what people tend to not mention is that he grew up around those guys all his life..He wasn't just some stranger who popped up in South Philly all of a sudden and went on to be made. He'd known majority of guys since he was a kid and they knew him. He began working for Frankie Flowers at a very young age, in mob terms. He grew up in the life, some obviously knew he was half Polish. And they let his induction slide anyway.

you misinterpreted my post. I have NEVER given leonetti any credit and im not defending the guy. I never said he was innocent in salvies death. In fact phil admitted he just let it happen so he is just as guilty. My point is you cant trust any of these guys and what they say

Last edited by JCrusher; 02/27/16 12:08 PM.