Originally Posted By: FrankMazola
What happened to Riccobene crew after the war? Were they all dead or were some leftovers of the guys folded into Scarfo crew?

There were left overs who simply continued going on about their business under the Scarfo regime. Frank Martines, Riccobene crew member later went on to become underboss during the Stanfa era.

And Salvie Testa was dealing drugs. Thats no lie, I don't believe it's ever been said that he was using them himself, but he was big in the drug game at that point and was funding dealers and reaping the benefits. What Tommy Del & Faffy and those guys were possibly lying about was Testa creating his own family. By all accounts he was too loyal to Scarfo and the Philly mob to do that. And of course guys wanted what he had, and I don't think the thing with Chuckie Merlino & his daughter is the reason Scarfo had Salvie killed. Because while he was in La Tuna, Salvie was explaining that whole situation to him through Bobby Simone & Leonetti, and Scarfo would say not to worry about it and he'll settle things when he gets home. Not to mention Merlino told Scarfo & Leonetti, that he didn't mind if Salvie lived, as long as he gave up everything and stepped down to the rank of soldier. And all the guys who were feeding negative info about Salvie to Scarfo, were under Chuckie Merlino. That shows you his murder was basically about jealousy and money. Leonetti funded the Meth dealers, Caramandi & Charlie White bought the P2P stuff needed to make Meth to the cooks and dealers and in return got the drug profits, they were essentially doing the same thing Salvie was doing before he was killed. And I think Scarfo finally decided to sign off on it because after hearing all those rumors and the article about Salvie being the fastest rising mobster in Philly, he became cautious, and had him killed before Salvie could possibly uproot and challenge Scarfo.

Not to mention Scarfo was reportedly happy when he heard Salvie calling off the wedding to Merlinos daughter, because he feared with marriage, the Merlinos and Testas would become a family within a family, and would be a major threat to his position.

Last edited by SinatraClub; 02/27/16 01:55 AM.