All valid and good points. I don't like what politics have become, but I follow national and local elections to see which way the wind is blowing. I force myself to watch the debates because some of the candidates don't have political track records to measure them against. I can't watch more than 45 minutes though.

Originally Posted By: SoCalGangs
I don't vote and don't believe in politics as a means to solve societal problems but I think it's ironic that Trump is probably the least hawkish person in the race. All the other candidates seem like they wouldn't mind starting world war 3 and nuking multiple countries.
Trump talks tough against obvious enemies like ISIS like the American people want someone to, yet he isn't like these other blood thirsty candidates that want to attack and invade every country. I admire that. Yet were told he's dangerous and don't trust him with the nukes. Hilary Clinton is no peacenik.

Glad to not hear more hawkish talk(fueled by donors who represent weapons manufacturers)I see Trump's public views on that to be political strategy.He has no military /foreign policy background and it's a glaring shortcoming in debates with U.S. Senators ....and in the debate footage I've watched, he routes discussions about terror towards his talking point about securing the borders.

I also don't buy into the moderate candidate thing. People are sick of that. In politics moderate has come to mean somebody that panders to whatever crowd they're in front of, stands for no real principles, flip flops whatever they think it'll help and has no real ideological difference between the other major party establishment.

The separation of powers in government. You cannot get things done without some level of cooperation and compromise in the Senate and the House. I think a certain % of Americans are practical and aren't married to any political ideology but will vote in favor of THEIR interests. Media tries to manipulate us into side versus side and get people to vote against their own interests but some issues aren't clear cut black or white.

If people cared about logic than none of the candidates would be considered. Why single out Trump?

I just bumped/posted a post I made in the first page of this thread about why Trump in particular bugs me.
If there is any language in his clothing licensing deals which earmarks certain amount of the products to be manufactured in USA or to build factory/hire workers in USA..I'll stand corrected. If not, more of the same Trump that those of us in this region are familiar with.