Originally Posted By: slick
Thanks Billy. Ivy it is obvious you have a dog in the fight, and no you don't have to live somewhere to have that dog in the fight. If that was true 80%-90% of everyone on these boards wouldn't be on here. If your only dog is the facts start posting them. Saying something with no proof is not fact. I've seen people over the years post facts with stuff to back it up to you. You always just give some nonchalant comment like Ad-hoc venture or ignore it and quote some bullshit someone else says. Cool but that's not credibility. I don't ignore facts. New York has a lot of made men. We know that, you are the one missing the point. No one here is trying to say the Outfit is running Vegas or KC or anything but Chicago. If you don't think they still have quite a bit of power there, then your the one built on smoke more than substance.

I don't think there's a single poster on any of the forums who's presented more facts backed with evidence than I have. If you've been on the boards for a significant amount of time you would know this. Maybe you're just playing stupid. There was a time when I would spend a good chunk of my time laying it all out in one or more posts. Or for several pages if the debate went on long enough. But, as SonnyBlackstein and I were talking about, it's almost always a waste of time. Especially when it comes to many Chicago posters. You guys have this image of the Outfit that you simply want to hang onto and there's really no changing your mind.

And sorry to break it to you but you have yet to show me any link that I haven't seen before. Ive seen many of these similar links from other Chicago posters or found them myself. You are all very quick to rush to a conclusion about what they mean, and it's usually that the Outfit is still a thriving, omnipresent, powerhouse in Chicago. You guys take 1 + 1 +1 and get 10.

Quote:
What obvious reason? Oh I remember you have a dog in the fight. That was long enough ago it could have been someone from LA, and if available data showed it you still would have said "And I believe the biggest loanshark would, in all probability, be found in NY for which should be obvious reasons."

No proof. Lol.

The Genovese family has always been said to have the biggest gambling and loansharking operations. Typically, when a family has the biggest operation of something in NY, that also means the country. Generally speaking, the NY families have just always been bigger operators. If you can't acknowledge that, its because you don't want to. The NYPD considered Tieri the biggest loanshark in the nation. Neither I nor anyone else has a reason to doubt this unless they see it all as some dick measuring contest and they want their hometown crime family to be the big dog. Believe what you want. It's obvious this is a personal matter to you. And there's no reasoning with people like that. It took me a long time to realize and accept this fact.

Last edited by IvyLeague; 02/22/16 12:59 AM.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.