We always talk about the sopranos, but what of the actual crime family. As Far as I can tell there is no Consiglieri in the family.
The Unrest of 1983, is never really explained, but is pieced together throughout the series at certain moments just not enough.
What we Know:
*The Unrest of 1983 was an important time in the familys history. There are hints that a small civil war was happening in the family.

*Tony Soprano, Jackie Aprile Sr, Silver Dante, and another unnamed person was involved in holding up Feech card game. A couple of sit downs took place and DiMeo, decided to give them a pass, plus they were inducted into the family by at least the next year.

*Tony B, was in Feech crew. Feech and Tony B blew up Tommy Gilardi and his driver which set off a War within the family. Gilardi having a driver and said to be a powerful crime figure, indicates him being the Underboss or at the vary least, a Capo.

*Speaking of Capos.
1. Feech La Manna
2. Johnny Soprano
3. Junior Soprano
4. Raymond Curto
5. Richie Aprile
6. Unnamed crew, but disbanded by DiMeo in 1984, with members going to prison, Junior Soprano and Raymond Curto crews.
7. Possibilities, Tommy Gilardi and Jerry Anastasia, and Joe Sasso?

* Many members of the family go to jail and prison due to Febby flipping.

Feech goes to prison. Most Likely Jerry Anastasia becomes the Capo of this crew. Hints:
*Anastasia is a Capo when Tony Soprano is recently made into the DiMeo family.
*Anastasia always made sure that Tony picked up the check as a soldier on crews get togethers at dinners or lunches. Most likely cause he resented Tony's stunt at Feech card game, and was still inducted into the family.

Have to stop for now.

There are a lot of inaccuracies. Febby is said to have flipped in 1989, but a lot of guys went to prison in 82-84. Also there is the matter of Johnny Soprano death, 1984 is on the head stone, but there are years and event to indicate 1987, 1989, 1993, and in one line it seems he died in 95.
Also there is the matter of season one. It seems Jimmy Atliere was Capo of the Aprile crew, but by season two you have Richie as the Capo of the Aprile and Carlo taking over Atliere crew. Then you hear the name Augusta Aprile as if he is still alive but we never see him. Barese is the biggest crew but we only see Larry and Albert, plus a soldier near the end of the series. Joe Sasso is listed as a member of Juniors crew and promoted to Underboss, presumably by Corrado, but there is a reference of him being Underboss before that and Dimeo had him and John Soprano as his two most reliable members. Sasso is also known for having an ailing health before going to jail. Seasons 1 and 2 are different from one another, but also from the resistance of the series.

I only have VCR at the moment, but been watching the seasons on VHS and I am picking up somethings. Hence why I started this thread.

Last edited by Giacomo_Vacari; 02/22/16 07:35 AM. Reason: Info

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green