Originally Posted By: CabriniGreen
@ Ivey

I understand how you wanna keep the boards from devolving into a mess of lies, and misinformation, I get that.

But sometimes it appears to be something else, I'm not privy to the past arguments on here, but it does seem like it made you a little biased when discussing the Midwest, case in point;

It's not a bias against the Midwest and it's typically only posters from Midwest cities that take it as such because, like I said, it becomes almost personal to them.

Most of the debates deal more with the current status of things than the distant past. And, relatively speaking, there's not much mob presence in the Midwest to speak of. Thats just a fact.

Quote:
Forget modern day Detroit, you argued with me that they COULDNT HAVE been a power in the 40s and 50s, which I found utterly bizarre, more so cause your only refutation was that Detroit wasn't New York.

I don't believe I ever said Detroit wasn't a power. The debate was how much of a power they were in the drug trade and if they ever supplied the NY families at times. If memory serves, I think you showed that they did but I maintained that the NY families were bigger operators down through the years.

Quote:

Same deal in a thread about loan sharks with Todoped, Buccieri, in your estimation could not have been a bigger loan shark than a NY guy, cause it's Chicago and not NY. And then you ignore people's analysis of available data, like everyone is retarded but you, that's annoying.

I don't have a hard time believing Buccieri was a bigger loanshark than some NY guys. I don't believe he was the biggest in the country. And I believe the biggest loanshark would, in all probability, be found in NY for which should be obvious reasons. It's easier to believe a guy like Frank Tieri would be bigger than anyone from outside NY. I'm not from NY, Chicago, or any other city with a mob family so I don't have a dog in this fight or the temptation like some do to defend their hometown crime family like one would a sports team.

Quote:
When I first came on here, I tried to tell you guys about a nephew of Gus Alex I know, young guy, into a lot of shit. You flat out basically called me a liar, just fuckin disrespectful.

You'll have to refresh my memory on that one.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.