Originally Posted By: ralphie_cifaretto
Originally Posted By: slick
If you are talking about number of made men in the weakest New York family then your right. If you are talking about the actual power in the city they live in you are wrong. I don't see anyone in the upper echelon of the Outfit living in trailers and their wives on food stamps. Numbers don't always equal power. I don't underestimate New York like you do Chicago. New York has a huge numbers, and that helps with muscle but it also leads to more rats and longer sentences,and turnover in members. Is the Outfit huge, no not by any means, but its bigger than you are giving it credit for. Not to mention in Chicago almost anyone in politics is corruptible. That goes for a lot of police in the suburbs also.

They have no political influence anymore. Those days are long gone my friend. I do agree that numbers don't always matter, but when you are down to 25 made guys (many of them very old) then you can be pretty sure it's pretty much over. Times have truly changed. Chicago is on it's last leg.

That's wrong. You should do some reading of your own and not just go around thinking you know based on modern times and comparing families with one another and quoting Ivy. As said, the Organized Crime and political corruption in Chicago aspect is too deep rooted to just go away. You still have somewhat recent incidents of political connections coming up in Outfit related indictments. And as it's said in "Organized Crime in Chicago: Beyond The Mafia", the Outfit never "made" a large number of guys to begin with, compared to other families, yet they always had loyal associates who were waist deep in rackets, and in most cases weren't even Italian, despite this they were and still are a verified LCN family. I consider Chicago as it's stand alone mob organization, you can't compare them to the others because they simply aren't comparable..As far as labor involvement goes, about a year ago, many web pages of various Chicago locals were brought up, and the presidents and vps and execs of those labor unions were recognizable last names with prior cases of Organized Crime involvement.

And I've rarely seen cases of dirty cops or law enforcement aiding mob-connected guys in NY in the past decade like you have with Chicago. But thats just my personal observation.

I dont think of The Outfit on much of a decline so to speak, but moreso of them adapting with the times and their environment.

Last edited by SinatraClub; 02/19/16 11:13 PM.