Originally Posted By: kingoflittlenewyork
Im not saying that but i will say this...Ok they can prove the setup of drug shipments and other crimes, they believe both men are under threat of death, and they can prove association with other criminals. But to call the entire thing the Montreal mafia and name these two men as bosses of the entire thing is outlandish. Are you going to pay tribute to a man you are planning to kill? No doubt there are alot of Italian criminals in many different factions(gangs), so to name it all the Montreal mafia and say one or two people run the whole thing is what gets me.

Not arguing that the people are criminals. Or not trying to at least. Or that they are members of organizations. I just believe they shouldnt be all grouped together the way that they are.

Because IT IS the Montreal Mafia. And it has been since at least the 60's when Carmine Galante went to Montreal and made Vic Cotroni, Luigi Greco & Paolo Violi his front men to rule over the decina in his absence. They started as a Montreal outpost for the Bonannos. Once Nick Sr took over, and Vito and the old guard was killed off, that Bonanno banner became less and less important, and they became a stand alone Criminal organization, which was defined as Mafia. Many of the Sicilian members were already members of Sicilian Mafia Families in Italy, you can trace this going back decades. Many of the members then were related by blood or through marriage to lessen the odds of ratting, and throughout the 80's up to now, those offspring continued in the family business, so to speak. Leonardo & Stefano are merely two of those offspring, but they hold the most rank because of their positioning, which can either be due simply to their last names or whatever else. I will say this, reports surfaced which claimed that while they were definitely recognized as bosses, many in the family weren't satisfied with Leonardo's and Stefanos leadership, and they're definitely not their fathers. But they're bosses of a crime family no less. There is Mafia in Montreal, just like there's 'Ndrangheta clans in Ontario and Toronto.

And again, John Gotti, Sammy The Bull, and those other guys all kicked up to Castellano until they killed him. So, I'm not understanding your logic here.

Last edited by SinatraClub; 02/15/16 09:09 PM.