King, I have to go with Sinatra on this.

I'm not sure why you say "But to call the entire thing Montreal Mafia and name these two men as bosses is outlandish". The fact is that the state of leadership is not solid in it's current situation, but the whole thing is Montreal mafia. We all know the Rizzuto's ran it for 30 years. When Vito went away, it was run by a small group (nick sr, renda, sollecito, arcadi), after colisee when all the top guys were in jail there was a leadership void,which led to a leadership power struggle between Desjardins and Montagna. Both sides lost a lot of men to jail or death. That leaves things with another leadership void for Rizzuto's clan to regain control when Vito gets out and he leaves it to Stefano Sollecito and Leonardo Rizzuto after his death. Point being that with so many changes, of course these two don't have the power or respect that Vito had, but I believe they were the top guys at the time of their arrest and yes the entire thing is the Montreal mafia.

Here's my question... As of today, as I mentioned in an earlier post there is another void with the arrests of Sollecito/Rizzuto. Arcadi group all out of jail recently or being released will make things interesting. I think Arcadi holds the balance of power. Will he try to take over and run things on his own? or does he work with Rizzuto/Sollecito group or work with some of the remnants of the groups that opposed the Rizzuto's during the coup?

Things to consider
1. He's worked closely in a group with Leonardo's father and Stefano's father in the past. Maybe he agrees to continue that relationship?
2. Arcadi has a lot of muscle to try and go on his own.
3. They will all still be under tight watch and on parole, which will make it hard to go on his own.
4. He wasn't well liked and caused a lot of friction with street gangs and other mafia when he was part of the leadership committee (after Vito arrest and before colisee), which will make it hard to go on his own.
5. There were reports that he may have connections with Ontario groups, which may lead him to decide to go on his own.

Last edited by cdn_wiseguy; 02/15/16 03:40 PM.